November 6, 2008

Spa-licious


One of the many perks of living in the Philippines is the spa. Nail spa, holistic spa experience, home spa; you name it, they got it. Dreaming of a luscious honey scrub or a detoxifying mud wrap? Feeling tired after a long day of work and in need of a relaxing foot spa? What is ridiculously overpriced in Europe is affordable over here. My friend A, who’s living in the cold North of France at the moment, is whining about desperately missing a decent manicure. Once you’ve lived in Manila, you get used to a certain comfort and luxury. My favorite spots to indulge in some pampering are:

Nail tropics: Just a few steps away from my place in Serendra, this is the place to unwind while getting your hands and feet taken care of by lovely ladies. The cozy atmosphere, with the fuchsia cushioned lounge chairs is an invitation to relax and take a nap. The menu of services is affordable (though you can find cheaper). I usually get the floral foot spa and a regular manicure (around 500P). A quick wellness treat without breaking the bank...


Neo Spa: An oasis of wellness… The sleek and minimalist interior infuses you with a feeling of tranquility the moment you set foot inside. I get my regular massage at home, but I feel in better hands in Neo Spa when it comes to more holistic treatments. I love their volcanic stone massage (1500P) as well as their Hawaiian Lomi Lomi (1350P) in which they claim they reunite my body, mind and spirit. It sounds all a bit too spiritualist, but when my thoughts race away and I can’t seem to clear my head, my four walls are too distracting. In Neo Spa, I forget the outside world for a couple of hours. I come out rejuvenated and with a clear mind. Definitely worth an indulgence once in a while…

Spaholics: For these days when I’m simply too lazy to step out of the house… Spaholics’ masahistas come with a whole arsenal of relaxing stuff ranging from aromatherapy essential oils to soothing music. Best of all, they come with the massage bed and fresh linens! Unlike with your regular massage service, you won’t have to worry about messing up your sheets with oil. The therapists are very professional and I regularly fall asleep under their trained hands. Service ranges from the signature massage (500P) to Hot Stone Massage (650P) and even a Salt Glow Body Scrub (700P). I might try latter right before I hit Boracay this December. The menu also offers the traditional Bentosa treatment (ancient cupping method), which is next on my to-do list. Of course you won’t have the steam bath, Jacuzzi and plush bathrobes at home, but isn’t it the ultimate relaxation experience if you can just go back to dozing off once your therapist leaves your place? Your own private home as a sanctuary…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails