September 30, 2008

Munich, Swagat


Swagat is where my love for Indian food started. I once dated that guy who brought me there and it was love at first bite. I had never tasted authentic Indian food before and had only known those fusion curries that were served in several trendy places. The date didn’t go any further but Swagat became a regular fixture in my life. Swagat is owned and run by Indians and usually has several Indian customers enjoying the spicy dishes; so that should already be a good sign. Whenever I’m back in Munich, I try to have lunch there, as their lunch menu is approximately half the price off of their regular menu. Last Thursday I brought along D and 2 of our Manila friends, who were passing by Munich during their Europe tour. We sat down in the shade of Swagat’s little terrace and went crazy on the many yummy dishes presented in the menu. After two weeks of mainly European cuisine, it was time for some spices and moreover plenty of rice! We ended up ordering our usual chicken tikka masala, as well as lamb curry, chicken vindaloo (watch out! Extremely hot!), vegetable samosas, nan bread, paneer pakora and a huge plate of basmati rice. I can’t really say more than: it was simply delicious. And to top it all off, we spend around 35€ for the four of us including all of the above and drinks. If you happen to be in Munich and are craving for more than pork knuckles and beer, this is the place to go to for lunch.

Swagat Restaurant
Prinzregentenplatz 13
Tel: +49 89 47084844
Subway station: Prinzregentenplatz
www.swagat.de

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails