December 21, 2010

Tik Tok



I have 18 days left until the wedding and feel I am running around like a headless chicken.
I always thought being engaged for a year was way overrated and that I wouldn't need as much time to plan all the preparations. Boy, was I wrong!
My to-do list is never ending and every item I seem to tick off, creates 3 more items at the bottom of the list. I feel like Sisyphus!

But overall I think I got most of it under control. I consider myself an organized person, bordering obsessive-compulsive, so the wedding should be OK.
As much as things have been crazy these days, I force myself to think about the larger picture. The why behind all the craze. I'm marrying my best friend, my soulmate, my partner in crime, my lover.... I couldn't ask for anything more in a man. He might not be the tall, blond, blue-eyed Swede I used to dream of, but he has every quality a woman should look for in a man.
So every night, I remind myself of that and try to relax and forget about the petty problems of wedding planning. 18 more days 'til the rest of my life. I can't wait.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails