July 7, 2009

Summer memories


I don't know why, but I just had a childhood flashback today. I think it must have been because of Twitter and someone posting about their trip in Provence. I love how I get to travel the world without living my sofa, how i get to meet people from all over the globe and share experiences and opinions.

My family used to have a tiny summer house in Cogolin, South of France. From my bedroom I had a view on the castle of Grimaud and from the pool you could see the marinas of Port-Cogolin and Port-Grimaud. A stone throw away is the fabulously decadent St.-Tropez. I had sudden images of colorful Sunday markets, picnics at the beach, overpriced Orangina at the Café Senéquier, homemade fries and grilled meats on our summer house terrasse, golden tan by the pool, Brigitte Bardot at the supermarket, scrumptious tarte tropézienne, fish soup with garlicky rouille sauce, fun rides and mini-golf at the Luna Park, flower icecream in Ste-Maxime...

Here are some of the memories in my head...

Colorful boats at the side pier of St.-Tropez

The castle of Grimaud

Streets of Ste.-Maxime

Café Sénéquier, best for people watching

Streets of Cogolin and old movie house



Flower-shaped icecream, funky vinegars, fragrant olives, and deliciously sweet tarte tropézienne


Pool and house (actually this is our neighbor's house, but ours looked just the same)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails