January 29, 2009

Barcelona, Tapas24


I am a full-blooded chocoholic. But even for an expert in the matter like me, the combination of chocolate and salt sounded a little to experimental. Boy was I wrong! Tapas24 in Barcelona made me a believer. Our culinary friends brought us there, as it is known in the industry to be one of the best tapas bar in the city. We couldn’t not have tapas while in Barcelona, so D. and I happily obliged. But before I had my life changing choco-salt experience, my palate was delighted by other delicious delights.

We had scrumptious Croquetas with Jamon Serrano and Tapa d’Or, which is a simple combination of tasty squished tomatoes, rock salt and fruity extra virgin olive oil. The ingredients sound so common, but their quality made all the difference! But we all agreed that the Chistorra (type of chorizo) dish was to die for and we promptly order a second one. Imagine tasty chorizo bits, mixed with fried scrambled eggs over home-made fries! I meant to replicate this seemingly easy and yet mind-blowing dish ever since we got back, but simply haven’t found the time to do it yet. 



The sweet tooth in me simply couldn’t leave this place without dessert. Still full and happy from the many tapas, we just ordered one item on the short dessert menu: Chocolate Ganache with Fleur de Sel and Olive Oil. I figured I could always just eat the ganache if I didn’t like the fancy add-ons. But oh no!! The combination of the three flavors was a match in heaven. The sweetness of the chocolate was counterbalanced by the salt crystals, which added an interesting texture to it as well, while the fruitiness of the oil gave it a perfect ending. 

I suppose you can’t use you regular supermarket olive oil to achieve this dish, but picture my excitement when my dad brought back chocolate bars with fleur de sel in them! Tapas24 is a place I’d recommend without hesitation to anyone who gets the chance to go to Barcelona! People don’t line up in the street for it for no reason!


Tapas 24
Diputacio 269
Metro: Passeig de Gracia or Placa de Catalunya
Tel:
www.comerc24.com

1 comment:

chrismiss said...

Will you write a new one already? It's March.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails